Hello there! How’s everyone doing today? Who else is ready for Fall weather to finally come to our area?? I know I am. The forecast says next week should be beautiful. We shall see, I reckon.
Anyway. I made an order with my awesome native plant supplier, so Ziva and I will be daytrippin’ Monday to pick up a much needed mostly native plant order. Here’s the list:
- * Dryopteris australis, Dixie Wood Fern
- Callistemon viminalis ‘Hanna Ray’, Hanna Ray Weeping Bottlebrush Tree (new)
- Callistemon viminalis, Hot Pink Bottlebrush Tree
- * Carex cherokeensis, Cherokee Sedge Ornamental Grass
- * Chasmanthium latifolium, Inland Sea Oates (new)
- * Muhlenbergia capillaris ‘White Cloud’, White Cloud Muhly Grass (new)
- * Muhlenbergia dumosa, Bamboo Muhly (new)
- * Shizachyrium scoparium ‘Little Bluestem,’ Little Bluestem Ornamental Grass
- * Lindera benzoin, Spicebush
- * Sassafras albidum, Sassafras (in 3-gallon size!)
- Aloysia virgata, Sweet Almond Bush
- * Erythrina herbacea, Mamou Coralbean (fingers crossed this is still in stock)
- * Liatris pycnostachia, Prairie Liatris (this plant sells out super quick, so if you want some, you better order early)
- * Lobelia cardinalis, Cardinal Flower
- * Scutellaria wrightii, Wright’s Purple Skullcap (new)
- Scutellaria suffrutescens, Raspberry Skullcap
- ‘Peggy Martin’ Climbing Rose, aka The Katrina Rose (new)
*Native or nativar plant. “New” means this is the first time it’s been for sale in the Boutique.
I’m very excited to get the Wright’s Purple Skullcap in because it is the true Texas native skullcap. I love the Hot Pink and Raspberry varieties, but they are native to Mexico. If you don’t have these plants in your garden, you are definitely missing out on something beautiful.
Now … to the pictures!
Happy diggin’ in the dirt!
Jeanni and Ziva
Bella Jardins Boutique
Beautiful Gardens Begin Here