Hello, y’all. Ziva and I have been very busy these past two days picking up plants from our suppliers and ordering plants for pick up next week.
We got all those really cool native trees I posted about the other day, with the exception of Willow Oak. Unfortunately, even though the plant is on the availability list it doesn’t always mean my suppliers still have it in stock by the time they get to my order. But I’ll get some of them in as soon as I can find them.
Now, let’s get to the other good part: what we ordered today! The past two weeks y’all have bought almost everything I have in stock, so today I replenished and ordered new, really cool plants. They are:
- Michelia figo, Banana Shrub, 3-gallon. The blooms on this smell like bananas!!!!
- Myrcianthes fragrans, Simpson’s Stopper, 1-gallon
- Carex cherokeensis, Cherokee Sedge, 1-gallon
- Schizachyrium scoparium, Little Bluestem, 1-gallon
- Amorpha fruticosa, Indigo, 1-gallon
- Capsicum, Chili Pequin, 1-gallon
- Lindera benzoin, Spicebush, 1-gallon
- Magnolia Ashei, 3-gallon. Two of these are on hold already. If you know you want one, let me know asap so I can make sure I order enough. You don’t pay for them until I get them in stock.
- Persea borbonia, Red Bay, 3-gallon
- Rhododendron c. Phlox Pink, Phlox Pink Wild Azalea, 1-gallon. This is the NATIVE Azalea, y’all! I’m so excited I found a supplier who grows them.
- Symphoricarpos orbiculatus, Coral Berry, 1-gallon
- Serenoa repens, Silver Saw Palmetto, 3-gallon. The fronds on this Saw Palmetto are silver! Absolutely stunning.
- Erythrina herbacea, Mamou Coral Bean, 1-gallon
- Liatris pycnostachia, Prairie Liatris, 1-gallon
- Lobelia cardinalis, Cardinal Flower, 1-gallon. These will be blooming soon. You’re gonna thank me for suggesting you buy these for your garden.
- Monarda, Pink Supreme Monarda, 1-gallon
- Ratibida columnifera, Mexican Hat, 1-gallon
- Scutellaria, Hot Pink Skull Cap, 1-gallon. Have some of these on hold too. They sell extremally fast.
- Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Ruby Slippers’, ‘Ruby Slippers’ Oakleaf Hydrangea, 3-gallon, restocking by popular demand. Also have some of these on hold.
- Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Snow Queen’, ‘Snow Queen’ Oakleaf Hydrangea, 3-gallon
- Gelsemium sempervirens, Carolina Jasmine, 3-gallon
- Rosmarinus officinalis ‘prostratus’, Creeping Rosemary, 1-gallon
- Leucophyllum frutescens ‘Compacta’, Texas Compacta Sage, 1-gallon
- Osmanthus fragrans, Sweet Olive, 3-gallon
- Hesperaloe parviflora, Texas Red Yucca, 1-gallon
- Ilex vomitoria, Weeping Yaupon Holly, 3-gallon
- Echinacea hybrid, Double Scoop Bubblegum Coneflower, 1-gallon
- Echinacea purpurea ‘Magnus’, Magnus Coneflower, 1-gallon
- Coreopsis grandiflora ‘Early Sunrise’, ‘Early Sunrise’ Coreopsis, 1-gallon
- Coreopsis x ‘Baluptowed’ PP #28,865, ‘Uptick Yellow and Red’ Coreopsis, 1-gallon
- Muhlenbergia capillaris, Pink Muhly Grass, 1-gallon, restocking
- Malvaviscus arboreus var. drummondii, Red Turk’s Cap, 2-gallon
I know y’all are waiting to see the pics … here they are! Keep in mind these show mature plants. Another thing I want y’all to remember while looking at these gorgeous plants is all of these, with the exception of four plants, are either natives or nativars to Texas and/or the Southeast US. So y’all shush anyone you ever hear saying that native plants aren’t pretty.
Happy diggin’ in the dirt!
Jeanni and Ziva
Beautiful Gardens Begin Here
2 thoughts on “New Plants Are Coming!”
These plants are beautiful! Wish I lived in an area where they would grow, but if I did, I’d be ordering a few, no doubt!
Thank you, Jo! I get so excited about being able to help my customers learn about all the beautiful native plants that are available.