Hi, y’all! It’s another hot hot day in east Texas. I hope everyone is keeping as cool and safe as you can.
I found another awesome local supplier who grows trees native to Texas and to the Southeast, so, of course, I put in an order. Here is what Ziva and I are picking up tomorrow:
- Cercis canadensis, Eastern Redbud Tree
- Taxodium ascendens, Pond Cypress
- Magnolia grandiflora, Southern Magnolia
- Magnolia virginiana, Sweetbay Magnolia
- Betula nigra, Riverbirch Tree
- Nyssa sylvatica, Black Tupelo (black Tupelo honey, yum yum)
- Quercus phellos, Willow Oak
And here are pics of them in all their mature glory for you to drool over:
These will be in 3-gallon containers and range from 4 to 7′ tall x 2 to 4′ wide, with price of $22 each, plus delivery fee if applicable and tax. The reason I’m not getting them in larger containers is because of the heatwave we’re having this summer. The smaller rootball size will be easier for y’all to keep well watered during the next few months versus a larger 15-gallon container size. I do plan on having 7-gallon and 15-gallon sizes available later in the season.
Shoot me an email, email@example.com, or text, 903-418-6289, if you want to pre-order any of them.
Happy diggin’ in the dirt!
Jeanni and Ziva
Beautiful Gardens Begin Here