Hello there, my fellow flower freaks. I have great news to share: Ziva and I are picking up our first order of plants this Thursday. What does that mean for you? Well, that means that the Boutique side of Bella Jardins Boutique will start selling plants by Monday, June 20. Yay!
BJB is kinda unique in our business model, so here’s how it’s gonna work: We’re an on-line garden center that sells the same full-size plants you’d buy at the brick and mortar garden centers. Our prices on average are about 20% lower than said garden centers. You’ll make your order on-line, and Ziva and I will deliver the plants to you. Because we deliver instead of ship, we’re selling to only the following Texas counties: Panola, Rusk, Harrison, Marion, Shelby, Nacogdoches, and Gregg. Our business is located in Panola County, so there’s no delivery fee for Panola. All other counties have a delivery fee of $5 for orders under $25 and free for orders over $25.01. If you live outside those counties but want to order plants, you’ll be able to use BJB’s physical address as the “deliver to” address during the check-out process and I’ll be happy to meet you anywhere within our delivery area.
Our main focus will be on plants that are either natives or nativars to Texas and/or to the Southeast area because we believe that more natives should be used in our gardens for their beauty and for the biodiversity they bring. We will offer some non-natives that are considered Texas Adapted, meaning they do great in our Texas heat and humidity. What you won’t find for sale are invasive plants or extremely common plants such as petunias, pansies, marigolds, etc.
Now to the really good part … here are the plants we ordered:
- Asclepias curassavica, Tropical Milkweed
- Brugmansia, Double Pink Angel’s Trumpet
- Muhlenbergia capillaris, Pink Gulf Coast Muhly Grass
- Cephalanthus occidentalis, Buttonbush
- Itea virginica , Little Henry Sweetspire
- Sassafras albidum, Sassafras
- Coreopsis lanceolata, Lance-Leaved Coreopsis
- Echinacea purpurea, Purple Coneflower
- Gaura lindheimeri, Gaura, Whirling Butterflies
- Lobelia cardinalis, Cardinal Flower
- Malvaviscus x ‘Pam Puryear’, Pink Turk’s Cap
- Monarda didyma, ‘Balmy Pink’ Beebalm
- Penstemon tenuis, Gulf Coast Penstemon
- Rudbeckia maxima, Giant Coneflower, Bog Coneflower
- Scutellaria suffrutescens, Hot Pink Skullcap, Texas Skullcap
Click on the pic to see the plant name. All pics courtesy of either the interwebz or Bella Jardins Boutique.
More plants will be continuously added to the Boutique. Let me know if you’re looking for a particular plant and I’ll see if my suppliers grow it. Y’all can thank my friend Bradley for the suggestion of Rudbeckia maxima.
So. I hope you’re as excited as I am about all this. I can’t wait to start selling y’all some super cool plants!
Happy diggin’ in the dirt!
Jeanni and Ziva
Beautiful Gardens Begin Here