Happy Earth Day, my fellow flower freaks!
What exciting things are you doing today to help keep our Earth healthy? I’m mowing the lawn using my battery-powered lawnmower, then adding the full-up kitchen counter compost bucket to the compost pile, then planting some native plants in my garden. Here are some great activities that we all can do not just today but everyday:
- Support local wildlife by planting native trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials in our gardens.
- Start a veggie and/or ornamental garden.
- Watch a nature, climate change, environmental documentary to learn more about Mother Nature and how we can help Her thrive.
- Do everything you can to conserve energy and make your environmental footprint as small as possible.
- Pick up trash when you see it.
- Put up bird feeders, bird houses, bird baths, and bat houses.
- Reuse, recycle, repurpose, reduce.
Are you wondering what all the Earth Day fuss is about? Here’s an informative article, Earth Day: What is it and why does it matter?, that should answer your questions.
Ziva and I wish everyone a beautiful Earth Day.
Happy diggin’ in the dirt.
Jeanni and Ziva
Beautiful Gardens Begin Here